Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's not November, but I'm thankful for some things.
  • Our new car. Getting Grace in and out of our little Ford Focus was so hard. I hit my head and got plumbers crack every time. We got a bigger car in December, and I love the space. It also has a dvd player that I wasn't thrilled about at first, but it has helped me keep Grace entertained on long car rides, and that's so helpful.
  • Our house. I know I've said this before, but I love our house. It's old, and ugly on the outside, and some things are broken, but it has character, and it's exactly what I had been wanting. It's only temporary, but I still enjoy it for now.
  • Sadie. Sometimes I hate her, like when she jumps on our white couch with muddy paws, or puts her mangy ball on me, but she's so nice to Grace, and Grace loves playing with her. Jeff has been studying late every night, and I usually have to go to bed without him. I'm thankful for Sadie laying by me until he comes in. I don't need her to, but she's sweet and warm.
  • My yoga class. I've been wanting to take a yoga teacher training course since I was 19, and I never thought is was going to happen. I'm thankful for Jeff for saying let's just do it. Teaching yoga isn't just a wish anymore. It's reality, and I love all that time I have for practice. I've been able to improve on so many things.
  • I'm thankful for my newfound hobbies. Gardening, refinishing old furniture, and decorating. I was feeling depressed for the first little while after I had Grace, because I could no longer work, I didn't have extra money to spend, I had nowhere to go, and nothing to do. When Jeff came home from work I didn't have anything to talk to him about. I started working on old furniture, and selling it. That created extra money, and something to keep me busy. Then I started working on things for our own house, and I started fixing up our yard. Now my days are full of real chores, and not just ones I make up to try to keep busy.
  • I'm thankful for the bike I got for Mother's Day. I've been wanting one for a long time, and it's super fun.
  • I'm thankful for our Mom's for babysitting Grace. They're the only people we trust, and it allows me to go to yoga, and for me and Jeff to have a date night.
  • Grace. She's the cutest baby I've ever known. I love being able to stay with her all day. She's smart and funny, and I never get tired of her.

She has a weird obsession with toothbrushes.


3 comments:

Ashley Lyons said...

Haha, I love how Grace is so quirky! You are my role model for creating "real chores" for myself one day. Cant wait to see you guys this weekend!

Ashley Lyons said...

Also, Grace looks like a bad-a ninja. I can sense from here she is missing Owen and I already...I guess we will have to come back over soon...for her sake...

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

What a great post!