Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grantsville and stuff

Today I was reading a blog, and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the blogs they follow, and the last thing they posted was titled "Things I love about myself." At first I thought they were so awesome, and then I was a little pissed that I didn't think of that first, and then I realized that it didn't say "Things I love about myself", it said "Things I believe about myself". So guess what that means. I did think of it myself. Right now I can't really think of that many things I love about myself, but when I do, that will be my next post.

So we live in Grantsville now. Today I had to pull all the way off the road to let a massive tractor pass by. That is what it's like living in the country. Our first night here I walked outside, and some guy across the street started yelling. Like I thought he was going to kill someone. Like Sadie got scared and ran in the house, and so did I. Now I don't like to go out at night. Mostly because we don't have any street lights, so I can't see if someone is sneaking up to kidnap me. There are some weird things that I've noticed about this town. I don't know if they're really appropriate to discuss on a public blog. Like if I get called to the relief society I don't want anybody reading it and getting offended. But if I get called to nursery then I don't care, I'll tell you.

Grace is crawling all over the place now, and she's also standing up a little bit. She'll pull herself up in her crib or on the side of the bathtub. She's so strong. I have to disinfect the floor several times a day. We tried feeding her her first food. The day after we moved here we were all hanging out on our bed, because it was the only clean space in the house, and we decided to mash up a banana and have her try it. I put some on her lips, and she made a weird face, and then she threw up all over. We decided to wait a little while, and then try again. Tonight at dinner we let her suck on some asparagus, and that's as far as we've gotten so far.







This is kind of a random picture, but we found the top of our wedding cake in the freezer when we moved. We were supposed to eat it on our anniversary, but we forgot all about it. We're just not good at things like that.


My mom found these old pants that I wore when I was a baby. I love them on Grace.

No comments: