Monday, September 29, 2014

I promise I'm not one of those weirdo's on Doomsday Preppers

Has anybody else been thinking about preparedness as much as I have? I don't know where it first came up for us, but in the last several months we've had dreams, lessons, books, and just random conversations on the topic. We've been told to get a years supply of food and water for decades now, but it seems like not many people have paid attention, including us. Now it's not brought up anymore. I think we've reached the point where we should have it, and if we don't we're about too late. We've been feeling some urgency to get prepared, and as we've followed those promptings I can feel the blessings starting to come. We're not there yet, but we've made a lot of headway in our food storage. We've also made a lot of connections through our preparedness efforts, and have learned a lot. If anybody is interested in getting more information please let me know. I have good stuff. Not like those food storage recipes and how you can store cans under your bed crap.

Sorry I quit blogging. I have to apologize because I know you've all been dying to hear what my kids have been doing, and to see every picture we've taken for the last 6 months. We've been really busy. Jeff and I both work, and have callings in our ward that take a lot of time. We also decided to sell all 3 of our houses, so we're remodeling 2 of them to get them ready to show. That has been really stressful, because while we're having to fund all of these updates, our renters have all decided to stop paying rent, and punch holes in doors and stuff. I think I'm being punished for all the bad rent checks I wrote when I was a teenager. Anyway, I miss blogging, and I wish I had more time, but I need to go take a bubble bath and watch Dance Mom's while it's still quiet.

Bye.  

No comments: