Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My daughter is reading.

I haven't seen Grace crawl yet, but I put her on a blanket on the floor, and now she's across the room. What happened? Is this normal? I always hear people say that their kids are growing up too fast, but I think Grace is growing at just the right speed. We have fun watching her learn new things, and get bigger. The only thing I regret is that I don't get anything on video, and I don't write down her progress in a journal near enough. I can't say the same for Sadie. Sometimes I think she's getting dumber. Remember that blanket I had Grace laying on? Guess who's laying on it now.

I ended up taking Sadie to the vet yesterday because she's been crying a ton, and recently started howling. They deduced that she's just being dramatic, and is fine. While she was there they also checked up on a heart murmur that they had found when she was younger. They said that heart murmurs are common in dogs, and usually go away as they grow up, but apparently Sadie's is getting worse. The vet said they'd have to do an echocardiogram to tell for sure how bad it is, and how long she will live. We're not going to do the echocardiogram, so we'll just wait and see how she does. We love her, and will be so sad to lose her, but I have hope that she'll live a long naughty life.

Anyway, the point of this post is really just to show you the pictures I took of Grace reading her books yesterday. I think she's so cute!





See...this is what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Stacie Hogan said...

Aww she's so cute. How old is she now? And yes the mystery movement is normal. I out jax on a blanket and leave the room and he winds up clear off it and on his back. Wiggle butt kids :)