Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Smarty Pants

First of all, this...



Grace is getting so smart. Like unnaturally smart. And spiritual. She says 15 prayers a day. I don't even know who taught her to fold her arms and have prayer. It's something we can work on, and now because Grace makes us, we are. She can eat with a fork or a spoon. She feeds herself cereal every morning. She's saying all sorts of words lately. My personal favorite is "baby". She says it every time she sees a baby at the store, or a picture of herself, or one of her nasty dolls. We found out that her little friend in our ward can say her own name now, so I worked on that with Grace, but apparently her name is too hard, so I just taught her her friend's name. That's good enough for now. I can already tell that Grace is going to be a hippie. I always find her outside, naked, eating an apple off the tree in the backyard. I try not to go outside, ever. I feel like as soon as the sun hits me I will throw up or pass out. I've been pretty dramatic about this whole pregnancy thing, and I'm starting to annoy myself, so today went for a walk, and then a bike ride, and then I sat in Grace's pool while Sadie brought me apples off the tree. Sadie is getting smarter too. All this time I thought she was eating apples off the ground, but apparently she jumps up and gets fresh ones off the tree. Maybe she's a germaphobe too. Remember those plants we planted like 4 months ago? We ended up with 4 of them in planter pots. Two tomato plants, one zucchini, and one mystery plant. Everything else is dead, and we have yet to see a vegetable. Gardening sucks.

3 comments:

Ashley Lyons said...

I wanna see that smartie pants! It's been so long she will have to warm up to us all over again!

Stacie Hogan said...

Your blog posts crack me up. I love them! Grace is adorable. And don't worry I was dramatic my second pregnancy too..everything is just so much harder!

happybritton said...

Joseph and I are splitting a gut at this. I love your blog. I want my blog to be more like your blog.