Friday, March 29, 2013

Feed Me

I think I've finally gotten over the misery of pregnancy, and the chaos of a new baby. I'm enjoying things again, and loving being a mom. Last night after dinner me and Grace went for a nice long drive in her new power wheels car, and I kept thinking how weird it is that I have a child old enough to have a conversation with. Our family used to be so young. It was just me, Jeff, and a new baby. Now we're a family of four, and every day I feel surprised to see them all. I love watching all the things our kids can do. Weird little things like eating, and going to the bathroom. I'm fascinated by these functioning little bodies we've created. Almost every day either me or Jeff say, "Can you believe we're parents?" It's been 2 years now, and we're still in shock. I wonder if we'll ever get used to it, or if we'll always feel like this life we have is new and exciting.

Anyway, enough of that mushy stuff. I'm on this new dairy-free diet, and I feel like I might starve to death. You would not believe how many foods contain dairy. All I want is a big glass of milk. And a brownie. And some cheese. And some chocolate ice cream with milk on it. Dairy makes Henry sick for some reason, so until I stop nursing this is going to be my life, and I'm going to be really pissed about it. The only good that can come of this is if it makes me lose weight faster. I don't think I can take any more of my thighs rubbing together when I run. Gross, I know. They need to make private gyms for new mom's, so you don't have to run next to skinny, hot people on the treadmill. Or sweaty old men with B.O.

Well, that's all for now. I'm supposed to be watching The Hobbit with Jeff. Booooring.





1 comment:

happybritton said...

Henry is so handsome.
Those pictures of Sadie are funny.
I bet Grace says some funny stuff.
Lastly, I like the new wheels!