Sunday, July 14, 2013

Swass

I've been stockpiling topics to blog on for the past month or two, but then when I get the time I can't remember what I was going to blog about. I will start with this....because it happened recently enough for me to still remember it.

 
 
This is Jeff's Pass of all Passes picture. It was taken right after he punched that wall behind him. Not joking. Yesterday we decided to go to Liberty Park. I don't know if that's what it's really called, but I'm talking about that place off the freeway in Lehi with that mountain with people's heads in it. I guess Seven Peaks bought it, so I don't know what it's called now. When we got there it was already about noon, so we only had a couple hours before we had to get home for Grace's nap. The front desk where you pay to get in and get your hand stamped was inside this pretty small building that also had a bunch of arcade games, a few rides, and food. There were so many people packed in there. As soon as we walked in I was hit with this humid body odor. I tried to stop breathing, but I had to eventually. The line to get in looked pretty short, so we got in back and waited while Grace ran around hitting her face into people's butts. After about 20 minutes I noticed that the line wasn't really going anywhere. After about an hour and a half it was our turn. We had printed off our passes, because our cards still hadn't come in the mail. When I handed the papers to the boy at the front desk he looked kind of confused, but started typing some stuff on his computer. He looked through a binder full of what I'm assuming were instructions, and then back to the computer for about 15 more minutes, and then I finally asked him if there was a problem. He said no, and then explained to me what he was doing, which I didn't understand any of. We started talking with the guy behind us who had 3 kids with him, and trying to figure out what was taking so long. Finally I asked the boy behind the desk I could stamp my kids hand, so she could go play while we waited. He gave me his stamp, and I think I stamped every kids hand in that line. I left Jeff and Henry waiting while I took Grace to play and go on some rides. I came back about 20 minutes later, and Henry was screaming, Jeff was pissed and yelling, and the front desk boy was ready to take our pictures. That's when Jeff punched the wall. Later he told me that during all this craziness he handed Henry, screaming his head off to the boy behind the counter hahahaha! I already lost my card, of course, but my picture is almost as good as Jeff's. My hair is matted to my face with sweat, and Henry is in my arms bawling. Pass of all Passes? Not as much favorite.  
 
In other news: Our A/C is broken. My thighs are stuck together with sweat as I write this. I feel so sorry for Sadie. She is laying on top of the register that is blowing out luke warm air right now. Also, Grace is stocked up on underwear (not panties), and is officially getting rid of her diapers this week. Henry is almost 6 months old, and is sitting up. Can you believe that? Time really does fly. I hate when people say stupid things like that. But it's true. This time next year I won't have any more babies. I mean, until I have another baby. I'm a baby machine. Jeff started his new job about 3 weeks ago. He's now the controller for......I can't even remember what the company is called that he works for. Maybe it's this heat. Well anyway, it's a good job, and he likes it a lot. He works with really cool people that are totally into fitness, and bike and run during work all the time. He doesn't, though, he just eats candy bars. Haha! Ok well that's all for now. I need to go eat some otter pops.


1 comment:

just cute kate said...

You are a baby machine! Ha ha. You'll have 2 more by this time next year. I'm glad I'm not the only one with stuck together thighs except mine stick together when it's not hot. :) We are otter pop eater too. I think it's a good replacement for A/C but probably will be about the same price by the end of the summer. :)