Saturday, December 22, 2012

A luxurious night

Right now I'm laying in my bed, propped up by a couple pillows, with Sadie laying next to me sleeping. It's almost like the perfect setting, except Sadie keeps farting. The only reason I'm afforded this luxury is because Jeff has a nasty cough, and has to sleep in the living room. His coughing makes me feel like I'm being infested with germs, and I have to stop breathing. I should be going to sleep now, but I've been taking naps off and on all day. I've gotten to the point in my pregnancy where moving at all is almost impossible. I don't know if I'm low on iron or if I've just been lacking sleep, because I can feel all of Jeff's spit falling on my face as he coughs next to me. I have lost all my energy. I can't even carry a laundry basket downstairs right now, and that means that out of the two outfits that fit me, sometimes neither one of them are clean, and I can't get dressed at all. Not that it matters, because going somewhere means I have to put makeup on, which makes my arms tired. Jeff thinks that this means I'm in the final stages before I go into labor, which is probably true, because I'm having contractions all day long. We're in a real predicament, though. If I go into labor before Jeff gets over his sickness he's not going to be able to come to the hospital with me. I try to imagine that I'm going to be feeling so good with my epidural that I won't mind, but I think I really will. Plus, if I go into labor before January 1st then our insurance deductible won't have started over yet, and it will cost us $400 that we could have saved. I only pretend to care about this part for Jeff.

Tonight we put Grace's little kitchen together. It's the Christmas present I'm most excited about. She's going to love it, and I can't wait to see her see it on Christmas morning. We've been trying to start some traditions this year, now that Grace is a little older, and can understand things. I bought her a little book about the reason we celebrate Christmas. It's really short and simple, so it's perfect for her. She loves reading it, and brings it to me all day long. We also want to do some kind of service on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. We want to make sure our kids grow up knowing how good it feels to help someone else. I feel like I'm more excited about Christmas now than I was when I was little. Christmas morning cannot come soon enough.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. I did get pictures of Grace after she tried to paint her own nails yesterday, but getting up to get the camera would probably take me longer than it took to write this whole blog post. 

No comments: