Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas and Babies and Barfing

I've all but given up on blogging, but I'm back because Grace is asleep, Jeff is at work, and I've already watched 6 episodes of Jon and Kate Plus 8. I've been meaning to write a little update on our lives, but my memory only goes back about 2 days, so here is an update of the last 2 days. I threw up 12 times. I'm not exaggerating this time. Did I get enough g's in that word? Spell check takes too long. Anyway, stomach flu from hell. First Grace, then me, then Jeff. All in a matter of 24 hours. We had to call both our mom's to come take care of us. I don't know what we would have done without them. Today I'm feeling much better, and I've already disinfected everything. I've gotten obsessed with cleaning. Like I can't stop. Jeff keeps telling me I need to cut back, and not in a caring, thoughtful way. In a mad way. It's giving me contractions. Not those braxton hicks I'm always hearing about, but real ones, and if I don't take it easy we're going to have an early baby. So I really need to stop. But can I just admit how nice it would be to get this birth thing out of the way? I've never been more excited to go to the hospital. I black friday shopped for all of Henry's newborn clothes, I've finished the nursery, weaned Grace off of breastfeeding, and packed our hospital bag. There's nothing left for me to do now, but clean insanely, and have a baby. I'm just 2 days shy of 33 weeks, so we're almost there.

I'm so excited for Christmas this year! I don't think I've been this excited since I was little. I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving, and haven't really stopped since. I love our Christmas living room. It feels so cozy to me. We've actually completely finished christmas shopping already. This year we wanted to consentrate on not overspending, so we decided to get ourselves a camcorder that we've been much needing, and then just do stockings. For me and Jeff at least. For Grace we got lots of clothes, and some really fun toys. I can't wait for her to get up on Christmas morning and see all her new things. She absolutely loves getting new things. It's sweet how much she appreciates getting a new toy, no matter how small it is. Now that we have a camcorder I will post some videos of her. She's getting so big. She's such a good little girl. She's extremely helpful, and I love spending my days with her. I'm a little worried about how she will react to sharing attention with a new baby, but I'm trying to talk to her about it and prepare her as well as I can. I probably should have gotten a book on how to best go about that, but I'm not that responsible, so we'll just take it as it comes. Hopefully the next time you hear from me it will be announcing that our new baby is here. Happy Christmas!

2 comments:

Ashley Lyons said...

It seems like everyone is getting the flu! You are such a good writer, dont give up blogging! Can't wait to meet Henry as well :)Also, that last picture is hilarious

Rebecca Thomas-Hajrulla said...

Hi Megan, you need to listen to your hubby about taking it easy. You really don't want an early baby at 33 weeks. So rest and keep yourself less active. It's for your babies health. I'm glad you're so excited about this little one coming. Sounds like you're terrible busy with everything. Just lay a little low from now to when the baby is due.

I just had my first grand daughter. She is Jared baby who is a second cousin to your husband. They called her Bella Rae Thomas. She was 7.3 lbs and 21 inches long. She is a pretty little girl even as an infant. I love her so much.

I hope all goes well with the new baby. Take care, and Merry Xmas, love Cous Becca