Thursday, February 2, 2012

For reals this time

So this past couple months have been a little bit crazy. I'll try to catch you up. I think the last post was around Halloween-time. Some time before Christmas Jeff received an offer to take a little break from accounting, and sell solar panels in New Jersey. We would have to move just after Christmas, and wouldn't be able to take much with us. We decided to take it, and posted our house and all of our furniture on KSL. The house rented out quickly, and we found buyers for all of our living room furniture. We decided we would keep everything else in the basement for when we moved back. Because our new renters wanted to move in the beginning of December, we packed up everything and went to stay at my mom's for a few weeks. Jeff had finished his contract at Tai Pan Trading, so he was receiving unemployment, and was required to apply for 4 jobs a week. He got a call from one of the jobs he applied for, and went in for an interview. Knowing that we were moving to New Jersey in a month, he didn't try to make a very good impression. Somehow they still loved him, and wanted to offer him the job. He declined, and we kept getting ready for New Jersey. There were so many plans to make since Grace couldn't drive and Sadie couldn't fly. We were trying to figure out how to get everybody there, with as much stuff as possible, without spending a ton of money. Sometime in there Jeff went on a trip to NJ for a week trial knocking doors. We all missed each other so much. It was an awful week. He did get one sale though, and that was pretty good for his first time doing door to door sales. When he got back we kept figuring out plans, it all started feeling so chaotic, and I didn't have a very good feeling about it anymore. We talked about staying in Utah, and that started becoming more of an option. In the meantime, Jeff received an email from the lady who interviewed him for that job telling him how dissappointed she was that he was taking another offer. We talked and prayed alot about our different options, and Jeff decided to give that lady a call. She said that the job was still available, and wanted him to come in and meet with a few more people. They offered him the job again, and he took it. They even offered him the high end of his salary request, so that was really nice. We celebrated Christmas at my Mom's, and started looking around Sandy for a house to rent. We found one that we loved, and moved in about 2 weeks ago. Jeff has been at his new job for almost a month now. He is really liking it. I am finally enrolling in yoga teacher training. My classes will start in March, and I'm super excited. It has been put off for years now, and I'm happy to finally just get it done. That means no more babies for at least 6 more months. Which is fine. Grace and Sadie keep me busy enough. I know, I include my dog as if she's another child. But she is. Grace is standing up all by herself now, and will probably be walking any day. She's just a little over 10 months, so I need to start planning her birthday party. I can't believe she's almost a year already. I always hear that time flies, and it totally does. She still only says mama, which is fine with me. She has all her front teeth now, and they're crazy! Like we better start saving for braces now. We love her so much! I got a chance to go to the temple with my mom this week, and the whole time I just kept thinking about how much I love my family. But I won't talk about that, because then I'll be one of those people I hate. So anyway, that pretty much catches us up to now. I'll try to blog more often from now on. 

1 comment:

Lacey Johnson said...

Megan of course you included your dog as a child... they are! Nala demands as much/if not more attention from me than Maddix does! Your family is so cute!