Thursday, February 16, 2012

No subject

Yesterday I found a toenail in my hair. It's normal. At our house the dog is always running crazy with something she shouldn't have in her mouth. Grace cleans out every drawer and cupboard she can find, and I follow behind her replacing everything, all day, every day. Sometimes dinner is at 5:00 and sometimes it's at 10:00, and sometimes it doesn't ever happen. We never have clothes on. We never have enough milk. The dog drinks out of the toilet, and lately, so does Grace. We are always yelling. The dog is always barking. I'm always cleaning, but it's always a mess. Grace's toys are all broken, because Sadie tries to eat them. I can never find a bobby pin, or my phone. It's chaos, and I love it.

So on Tuesday I went to the studio where I was planning on doing my yoga training to pay and sign up. I had never been there before, and when I drove up I didn't even see it. I had to turn around and come back and look again, and then pull in the driveway, and walk up the sidewalk and look again. Finally I noticed it, between a smoke shop and a tattoo parlor. I think the bums out front were blocking the little sign in the window. I looked around for a while, and finally found the door in an alley between buildings. The door was locked, so I just stood out there wondering if I should run or fight when the bums tried to mug me. Finally the owner came to the door, and asked if I was Megan. I said yeah, and she said, "Do you want me to take the baby?" I was holding Grace, and I instantly thought she was going to kidnap her. I realized she meant because I had to take my shoes off to come in. So after I did that I went inside, and looked around. The whole place was just one big room with no mirrors, no pictures, no paint, and black paper over the windows. All I could think about was how I was going to smell like incense for the rest of the day. This place was either so deep in yoga, or a total scam, so I told the lady that I wasn't sure if this was what I was looking for, and I left. I was so sad. I came home and looked online at a bunch of different yoga schools, and couldn't find anything that would work with my schedule. That night I went to my regular yoga class, and afterwards I was talking to the instructor who is also the owner of the studio. I was asking if she could recommend any good schools in the area, and guess which one was at the top of her list. Integrated School of Yoga. The place I had just come from. She said that she hires alot of teachers that graduate from there, and that she actually trained the teacher. So I went back yesterday, had a way good talk with the owner, signed up, and paid $1100. So I start in 2 weeks. You guys, this is the real deal. None of this It's Yoga Utah crap. This isn't Yoga Alliance certification, it's international certification, which means I can teach outside the country. They teach 7 different types of yoga, and instead of a 4 week program, it's a 6 month program. I'm super excited. Now on to why I'm really here...

Check out that booty in those jeans. Love. And also, this is Grace's first time watching TV. I think she likes it.

All she can think of is getting that headband off.



The tantrum after the headband fight.



1 comment:

Ashley Lyons said...

Congrats on the yoga class! Take some pepper spray with you or something! Grace is too cute, we can't wait to see her again! And you guys too... :)