Saturday, June 9, 2012

Tacky things and Nudies

Are people ever going to stop posting pictures of themselves in the mirror? Like could it possibly go out of style any more than it already is? Facebook is taking over my life lately. I don't even like facebook. It's like when someone moons you, and you're so pissed, but you can't stop looking.

 I got a new over the toilet bathroom shelf. I've never liked those. I think they're sort of tacky, but ever since I pulled that medicine cabinet off the wall we have nowhere to put anything. Our bathroom sink is piled with bottles of hair products, and all of Jeff's different shavers. Please know that I'm attempting to make it a little more attractive.


That's not too bad right? Like on the tacky scale it's probably a 5. We are all sharing 1 bathroom, and now that we have to make a new nursery we're really desperate for some storage space. While I was uploading that picture I saw this...


How cute is that? And also, a while ago I read in a baby book that a good way to feed toddlers is to give them things to dip. Like fruits and yogurt or veggies and cheese. I bought these little packets of sliced apples with caramel, and I gave Grace one the other day for breakfast. She dipped her apples like such a good girl, for like 5 minutes, and then she just started licking out the caramel cup. She's very efficient. 


On this day she took a total of 3 baths. Speaking of baths. If anybody is wondering, we're doing much better with our sleep. After I had like 7 nervous breakdowns, I asked for a blessing. It was exactly what I needed. I got some good council as well as some much needed reassurance. I also took some advice (thank you Sam!) and started giving Grace warm lavender baths before bed, as well as putting lavender lotion on her, and adding some lavender oil to her humidifier. That first night we also decided to try letting her cry it out for the first time. It took about a half an hour, and she went to sleep, where she stayed all the way until morning. We're on our 4th night, and so far the crying time has been less and less every night. She has slept through the night all except last night, but I fed her and put her right back down, so it was no big deal. My family is super against crying it out, and all I've ever learned is how horrible, and damaging it is to the child. But Grace is totally fine. She's not doing a desperate cry. It's more of a mad cry, and she's very stubborn, so that's probably most of what keeps her up. It doesn't take long for her to just give up, and sleep. I know that she still knows that she's loved and cared for. No harm done. Anyway, Jeff just made molten lava cake, so.....bye.





1 comment:

Heather said...

I think that is the same over the toilet thing I got for my kids' bathroom. I think they are kinda tacky, too, but so useful!