Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Can I get a what what? Or an SB loan?

A few months ago I bought this sewing table at D.I. for $15

I came home, and posted it on ksl, and a few days later I sold it for $85. This event has sparked something in our family. I went back again a while later to see if I could find any other cool stuff. I bought another sewing table for $15, and decided to paint it this time.



I sold this one for $85. Then I bought and painted this, and put new nobs on it...





And I can't bare to part with it. I put it here, and threw some stuff on it to make it look inviting to potential buyers, but how could I sell it now? It was made for my living room. I denied an offer for it, and agreed to make another one like it. Jeff got jealous, so he bought this (I don't have a before picture).



He sanded it, and painted it, and bought some hardware to fix certain parts. During this project he got paint on everything. I scrubbed it off our kitchen table for an hour yesterday, and there's still big spots all over the floor and Sadie. He cannot be trusted with messy things. Anyway, what was once a hobby is quickly becoming a small business.

On our D.I. trip today Grace got this doll. It's not much to look at, but she loves it, and carries it around with her everywhere.








Did I say Grace? I meant Sadie.



1 comment:

Ashley Lyons said...

That's awesome! That really does fit your house perfectly, nice "keep". Guys certainly know how to make a mess...Grace is getting a lot of teeth! I think it is so cute when they like things that look like a snotty babies throw away toy...who knows why I do. Im weird.