Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bloggy Boombalottie

Today I laid out in the backyard and tanned. Ya know, to get better looking. I haven't really tanned at all since I found out I was pregnant, because I got sick so fast, and then I was just preoccupied. I didn't realize it had been so long since my skin has seen the sun, but in case you are wondering, I didn't get better looking. It backfired. For some reason I tanned okay in the front, but got red streaks all down the back of my body. When I was done tanning, and I did my normal stand in front of the mirror naked to see what my results are I was sorely disappointed.
Yesterday Jeff told me that he was going to start his own blog, and call it "Bloggy Boombalottie." So...you can all look forward to that.

Something interesting has been happening in yoga the past couple weeks. I usually kind of dread going to my classes, because we're doing something more fun at home, or I'm too tired, or too busy. Saturday's are especially hard. But during my practice I've found some of my own personal weaknesses that I have been working on, and lately I've been looking forward to my practice time, so I can improve on these things. I guess this is kind of a milestone for me. It has become more personal, and I've recognized a need that can only be met with yoga practice. In our theory class we always talk about a change happening in the body. You hold your class in a pose until you begin hearing your students sigh, give in, let go. This means that the pose has taken effect. I think my yoga practice has begun to take effect. I don't think I've ever mentioned my headaches, but I get them all the time, because of the way I strain my neck constantly. This is slowly going away, and I've learned to let go. This is a physical and a mental change. Releasing the head physically is just an outward expression of what is going on inside. I'm practicing leading with my heart, and not my head. Letting my constant thoughts be still for a while. Giving myself a rest.

So Mother's Day is coming up. I hate when people are required to be nice to me and give me gifts. Not! I'm getting a bike, and I can't wait!


Grace's favorite activity-pulling out all the dishes, and sitting in them.


This is a desk Jeff refinished last week. I love it. He did so good.


And Grace thinking she's super funny in her panda hat from Aunt Sarah


And a picture of me after I tried to tan. Not. Yeah right!


1 comment:

Stacie Hogan said...

I am jealous of your yoga. I would love to have that release. You amaze me. And I am jealous you are getting a bike. I want one! :) I am hoping to get pots. I told kyle and the girls which ones i wanted but i dont know if they actually got them lol.