Thursday, May 24, 2012

New clothes and unanswered prayers

I thought our plan was to keep a secret, but between me and Jeff, and both our big mouths I don't know if there's anyone left to keep a secret from. For those of you who don't know already....
Grace got a new shirt


In case anybody cares, that shirt I'm wearing is also new.


So Grace has been teething, and it's causing her to wake up several times every night. I'm super patient most of the time, but when my sleep is disrupted something happens inside me, and I start saying swear words, and thinking really mean thoughts. I keep running into blogs where mom's talk about how they appreciate the time they spend with their babies during the night. Not me. I've never been more pissed. This night waking has happened off and on since Grace was born. I think I am the only person I know with a child her age who has never slept through the night regularly. It's really hard for me to deal with, and when I feel like I cannot take anymore I always say a little prayer that Grace will go back to sleep, and stay there, so that I can as well. Not once has my prayer been answered. I mean, I have never gotten what I asked for. This has really really bothered me for a long time. I don't understand why I would not receive my request when I am feeling so desperate for help. Today a thought came to me that I am being prepared and strengthened. That I need to overcome this trial on my own, and that it will make me able to handle the things that are to come. Then I came across Beautiful Heartbreak by Hilary Weeks on youtube, and the words taught me something. It was a small reminder that my prayers do not go unheard, and that I am being prepared for greater things to come.

Also, watch this. It's hilarious.


5 comments:

happybritton said...

YAY! a big sister! YAY! new clothes! YAY! another blog post that made me laugh.
I look forward to your posts.

Stacie Hogan said...

Yay! That is so exciting! And you have more patience than I do. If my kids weren't sleeping through the night I would go insane... You can handle it. You rock :)

The Kessler's said...

Stacie I am insane!

samantha said...

oh my gosh you are not alone you just descibed my life!!! i thought i was the worst mom cause my kids would not sleep through the night and it took me a long time to control my swear words and things i would mutter for loosing my sleep and not having my prayers for them to sleep answered! after i realized that god cant simply sedate my kids just cause i want to sleep made me see that i needed to repent and learn alot more patience and im doing alot better now and they are sleeping better too!
Also i love big sister shirt!!!! So exciting!!!!!

Katie said...

SO FUN!! Congratulations :)